100 North Academy Ave.
Danville, PA 17822
The Donald P. Vrabec House of Care provides low-cost, convenient and comfortable lodging on the campus of Geisinger Medical Center for adult cancer patients and one family member. Though we do not offer direct counseling or professional care, our facility is intended to serve as a vehicle for therapeutic conversation and comfort. Guest stays can range from one night, to keep an early morning appointment at Geisinger Medical Center, to several weeks, while undergoing extensive treatment.
Accommodations include private bedrooms, community social areas, television rooms, full self-service kitchens and a laundry facility.
At our "Home Away from Home," guests may enjoy:
- Relaxing alone time in their rooms
- Spending time with other guests in front of the fire
- Watching television in one of our common rooms
- Cooking in our full, communal kitchen
- Computers for internet access
- Free WiFi internet
- A complimentary shuttle bus to escort guests to and from Geisinger Medical Center
- Free use of the Danville Area Community Center Gym
If you or a loved one needs lodging while undergoing treatment, ask a Geisinger doctor, nurse, social services representative, or chaplain to refer you to the Donald P. Vrabec House of Care. When the referral is received, a room will be reserved for you (if space permits) at the cost of $15 per night. Rooms are designed for one or two guests, who must be 16 years or older.